Here’s a starting principle:
A polished, veteran alighting page can urge your acclimatisation rates. (And a disorderly one can harm them.)
Pretty simple, right? You’ve substantially listened something identical before. But what a heck does it meant to be “polished” and “professional” on a alighting page, anyway? And when it comes to conversions, what’s a enchanting x-factor that sets well-developed marketers apart?
With these questions in mind, we wish to uncover off some uninformed alighting page examples to enthuse your subsequent creation. Go forward and save their smartest, slickest, and snappiest elements for your appropriate file.
Throughout, we’ll offer an Unbounce-certified viewpoint on what creates any page so damn good—and, occasionally, how any could be improved. (Incidentally, all of ’em uncover off what we can do with a Unbounce Builder.) Let’s go.
What creates a alighting page effective?
Before looking during a examples, it’s value highlighting some of a qualities that many good alighting pages share. (Ain’t got time for that? Jump forward for a tip alighting page examples.)
Here are a few elemental practices of high-converting alighting pages:
- Use a transparent and obvious value matter (above a fold) so visitors know a purpose of your page immediately.
- Match your primary title to a ad your caller clicked to land on a page in a initial place (or a symbol of a email CTA, for example).
- Include amicable explanation and testimonials to behind adult your claims.
- Focus a whole page on a singular offer, with usually one primary call to movement (CTA).
- Use a conversion-centered layout to make your CTA mount out (think about whitespace, color, contrast, and directional cues).
- Test new ideas regulating A/B testing. Sometimes what works will warn you.
The Best Landing Page Examples
1. Athabasca University
Athabasca University pioneered stretch preparation in Canada in a 1970s. Today, it uses alighting pages to boost a online enrolment initiatives, including this instance representing a 14 certificate programs. It’s a intelligent choice given alighting pages concede AU to concentration a visitor’s courtesy on a sole cut of a many online module offerings.
Why it inspires…
- Smart copy: It competence be value contrast out a some-more approach headline, yet a duplicate here matches a school’s other branding initiatives elsewhere. It’s also really sharp. The aim is clear: people who competence serve their preparation yet don’t feel they have time to pursue it. This alighting page says differently (in difference and in a favourite image).
- You-oriented copy: This page is all about me (or, uh, “you”) and not about a “Great and Powerful” Athabasca University. Marketers operative in preparation know a need to seductiveness to self-interest softened than many of their counterparts in other industries, who can trip into bragging. I’m not certain what partial of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs calls for tech bro flexing, yet AU does softened by appealing to a enterprise for self-actualization.
- Testimonials: A tiny bit of impulse never hurts. Here, a amicable explanation shows pathways to personal success before people make a poignant investment. I’d exam to see if doubling down doesn’t furnish even softened formula here. Giving any commemorative some-more prominence and charity a smidge some-more biography—along with portraits to humanize them—might yield a tiny boost. (Of course, it competence not. But that’s since we test!)
- Z-pattern: This page is a classical instance of a Z-pattern during work. That is—its manifest hierarchy takes advantage of a approach people typically indicate a webpage. In this case, a eye is speedy to transport from a Athabasca University trademark to their tagline (“Open. Flexible. Everywhere.”), afterwards diagonally conflicting a streamer to a ancillary copy, and afterwards finally right to a call to action. (Pow!) Other manifest queues also enthuse a eye to pierce down (including, cleverly, a forked tip of Athabasca crest).
2. blow LTD.
If we demeanour past a buzzy “Uber for beauty” thing, UK formula blow LTD. solves a genuine problem in a genius way. They offer affordable, veteran beauty services that come to you, and—more importantly—you can book an appointment with one of their pros true from their app. Smartly, alighting pages are a large partial of their debate strategy. The example, for instance, promotes in-home eyelash extensions in crafty ways.
Why it inspires…
- Crystal-clear value statement: This alighting page doesn’t disaster around with lovable duplicate (e.g., “Eyes That Amaze”). Instead, it clearly states a offer and relies on value (and maybe a tiny bit of novelty) to win over impending customers. A guarantee doesn’t get some-more evident than “Eyelash Extensions At Home,” and that’s precisely since this title is so effective.
- Promo code: Providing a promo formula to visitors sweetens a pot, yet it’s also doing something more. The call to movement (“Book Eyelash Extensions”) redirects to their categorical website, where they competence get dreaming or frustrated. The promo provides additional proclivity to lift visitors by to finish a booking. Want these savings? Then ya’d best use that formula before we forget.
- Social proof: People are understandably picky about who does their hair and makeup, so providing amicable explanation is a must. The testimonials here have been comparison to prominence a personalized inlet of a knowledge too. Since blow LTD. usually works if prospects feel they can trust their professionals, providing amicable explanation helps humanize a use and start building relationships.
- Simple steps: Looking serve down a page, we competence postponement over a “How It Works” section. In this post-Uber world, a use charity by blow LTD. is flattering easy to understand, so since worry including a three-step relapse of it? That’s usually a point, though. This alighting page includes these stairs to prominence this simplicity. we mean, come on—step 3 is “Sit Back Relax.” That’s something we can get behind.
- Subtle app promotion: Rather than aggressively funneling visitors into an app, a alighting page ends with a peaceful sign that we can download a app on your iPhone or Android. (I’d exam a mobile various of a CTA that goes true to a app.) Some people will positively get vehement about rendezvous with blow LTD. on a go, yet visitors don’t feel too pressured to whip out their smartphone. Once a caller has converted, there’ll be copiousness of other opportunities to onboard them to a app.
3. Border Buddy
Ever try to cranky a limit with a 10-pound circle of Wisconsin cheddar strapped into a newcomer chair (and sheltered as your wife)? Me neither. But if we did, I’d wish Border Buddy behind me. This alighting page works by evoking common anxieties and afterwards charity to solve them yet fuss.
Why it works…
- Presenting a problem: The title starts with a pain and distrust (“Importing and Exporting Is Hard”) that any caller who hits this alighting page from a PPC debate is expected to be feeling. Crucially, though, a guarantee of a resolution appears with equal clarity above a fold: “We do a tough partial for you,” says Border Buddy. Perfect.
- Simplicity: Bringing your purchases conflicting a limit can get really messy, so gripping this alighting page purify is essential. There’s no some-more information here than what we need to know. No legalese either. You’ll have a etiquette attorney worrying about all those tiny sum for you.
- Speed: At Unbounce, we have a lot to contend about the impact that page speed can have on your acclimatisation rates. But Border Buddy is already forward of a bend on this one. On mobile, this alighting page takes reduction than 3 seconds to strike initial suggestive paint. Border Buddy avoids weighing down a page with nonessential media or scripts, ensuring evident caller engagement. (Prepping an SVG chronicle of their trademark could trim a few kilobytes off of what’s already a really gaunt page.)
- Unexpected vibrancy: Sometimes marketers associate a pull for faster speeds with a need to scapegoat a manifest seductiveness of a alighting page. This instance from Border Buddy shows it that doesn’t have to be a case. They’ve done crafty choices in terms of font, layout, and visuals to maximize impact and strengthen branding (without distracting a visitor).
- F-pattern: Like a Z-pattern, a F-pattern blueprint mimics a approach a eyes pierce conflicting a shade when we demeanour during content. It reduces cognitive load and ensures that a pivotal pieces of a summary (including a call to action) are located in a places that they’ll many noticeable.
4. Bouquet Bar (Agency: Power Digital Marketing)
Power Digital Marketing combined this beautiful alighting page for Bouquet Bar. Though other alighting pages aim specific holidays, this one says that we don’t need an forgive to yield someone we adore (or, y’know, need to impress) to a bouquet. You can do it “Just Because.” Ryan Picardal, a engineer who worked on it, describes their goals:
For a sincerely new brand, a group satisfied that we indispensable to gain on not usually pushing sales from these alighting pages, yet also expanding their audience. In sequence to grasp that, we indispensable to concentration on putting interesting messaging and imagery during a forefront, and safeguard that all pivotal advantages Bouquet Bar provides are clearly manifest and eye-catching.
Why it works…
- Choose your possess adventure: While progressing concentration is important, infrequently a singular call to movement doesn’t utterly constraint a forms of visitors your alighting page receives. In these cases, it can be utterly effective to yield mixed options. For buyers who wish to qualification something personal, a initial call to movement invites we to emanate your possess bouquet. But for those brief on time or imagination, “curated selections” yield a by-pass to celebrating an critical chairman or occasion.
- Just Because: 75% of roses sole in a US are purchased by group for Valentine’s Day. And 25% of all adults news shopping flowers as gifts on Mother’s Day. It’s expected Bouquet Bar does a poignant volume of business around these dual days, yet a “just because” messaging here invites business during a other 363 days of a year.
- The right tone palette: This indicate touches on Bouquet Bar’s altogether branding, yet it’s value indicating out in a context of a “Just Because” page. Orange, quite a low shade they’ve chosen, aligns with a brand’s warm, worldly personality. A lot of what gets labeled as the psychology of tone is sincerely dubious—using pinkish won’t unexpected make your wake home seem some-more cheerful—but a accents here really support a temperament that Bouquet Bar wants to establish.
- Evocative photography: The gallery helps contextualize a product as an “expression of love, thankfulness and friendship” by showcasing people receiving a gift. Images of people can be some-more effective during evoking emotions than words, so a association like Bouquet Bar is correct to occupy them here. The photos also, most some-more practically, uncover scale. This can be a genuine regard when purchasing products steer unseen. It’s an glorious doctrine for anyone practicing ecommerce.
5. Class Creator
Australia-based Class Creator uses this Unbounce alighting page to make inroads in a US marketplace (and, hopefully, assistance a association secure US partners) when school’s between sessions in their home country. The page showcases many of a product’s facilities as good as a primary benefits. It targets high-level preference makers who need as most information as probable before they buy.
Why it works..
- Breakin’ a rules: we know what you’re going to say. “That’s not a alighting page. It’s a homepage. It breaks all a rules. Just demeanour during that navigation bar! Look during all those conflicting links. The Attention Ratio is out of control!” Grumble, grumble, grumble. But there’s a doctrine here for anyone looking for alighting page inspiration: stay flexible. Tim Bowman, Class Creator’s CEO, told me they’ve found it some-more success with this homepage than a normal conversion-focused alighting page. we wanted to embody it here as an instance of usually what we can do.
- Floating navigation bar: If we contingency embody a navigation bar, it’s best to keep it in perspective during all times. This also lets Class Creator keep a primary call to movement (“Demo School”) during a tip of a page so that no scrolling is compulsory for their visitors to find it.
- The numbers don’t lie: Above a overlay Class Creator marshals some flattering critical numbers as a form of amicable proof. They precedence a 10,000+ educators in 13 countries who’re already regulating their program as a absolute impressive device.
- Easy entrance to a product demo: In a SaaS space, it’s remarkably common to see companies chuck adult too many barriers between intensity business and demoing their product. (“Submit your firstborn for entrance to a 5-minute giveaway trial.”) Class Creator knows that it’s essential for prospects to get their hands unwashed with a demo or hearing chronicle of a software. This ensures that they get to weigh a product in action, generating competent leads (with a elementary email form) and carrying them serve down a funnel.
- Smart use of lightboxes: This alighting page (acting as a homepage) already has a ton to contend about Class Creator. Relegating any additional information to lightboxes works to keep it out of a way. It’d positively be value their while contrast conflicting versions of this page that barter out facilities for advantages or put a testimonials in a some-more prevalent place.
6. Good Eggs
The good people during Good Eggs know how to use pointy selling (just demeanour during their rockin’ homepage!). In fact, we consider a lot of their alighting pages would be a good fit for this post about about alighting page design. This sole example, that promotes giveaway coconut water, is no exception, yet it also offers a masterclass in restraint. It shows how to use a promo to measure conversions yet apropos overbearing.
Industry: Grocery Delivery
Why it inspires…
- Freebies: Free seems zodiacally good. But in this case, a guarantee of giveaway is doing some-more than appealing to a instinctual adore of not profitable for stuff. It builds good will, provides a representation of a product that Good Egg carries, and fast establishes a lifestyle compare between a use and a visitor. What do we meant by lifestyle match? Well, if you’re anxious by a removing giveaway coconut H2O from Harmless Harvest, we already know Good Eggs will be a good fit for you.
- Added value: At first, we was taken aback by a title here since we suspicion you’d strike harder with a whole giveaway thing (like, we dunno, “Free Coconut Water” could work?). But it’s expected a normal Good Eggs patron has some-more on their mind usually removing a deal. Here, a graduation helps uncover off formula values of wellness, sustainability, and reliable labor practices. So it’s not usually free, it’s also a good thing.
- Testimonials: It can be a tiny unsure to discuss your competitors, yet Good Eggs gets around this problem by vouchsafing a patron do it for them. Sometimes testimonials can get a tiny samey, repeating a same indicate in conflicting voices. (That’s not always a bad thing.) Here, though, they’ve been delicately comparison to strengthen a 3 value propositions listed above.
7. Jet Pet
For any chairman vital in Vancouver, there contingency be during slightest 6 dogs. Jet Pet understands this city’s adore of pooches, and they’re large fans of regulating a Unbounce Builder to publicize their reward dog boarding use and 3 locations to locals. We’ve enclosed it here since this alighting page is an impulse for anyone targeting a name geographic area.
Industry: Pet Care/Boarding
Why it works…
- Clear value statement: A elementary streamer (“Dog Boarding Vancouver”) lets a trailblazer know they’ve strike a jackpot. For paid campaigns, Jet Pet can also use Unbounce’s Dynamic Keyword Replacement (DTR) to barter in a hunt keyword (“Dog Kennels Vancouver”) for softened summary match. Then, when a awaiting clicks on an ad in Google, they’re brought to a page with a title that matches their expectations.
- Two-stage form: Typically, regulating multi-step forms can lead to aloft acclimatisation rates than a singular prolonged form. Here, a two-stage form reduces psychological attrition in dual ways. First, it minimizes a viewed bid in signing adult for a service. (And even if a second form proves frustrating, someone who’s already filled out a initial form is invested and some-more expected to continue onward. Sunk cost misconception FTW.) Second, a two-stage form can check seeking for some-more “sensitive” questions until later.
- Friendliness: Speaking of a form, we adore that a initial thing they ask we (and a usually compulsory margin on a initial page) is your dog’s name. I’d pattern this doubt if we walked into one of their locations with my puppy on a leash, yet saying a same doubt here done me smile. Jet Pet’s page is full of accessible gestures like this one that make them memorable.
- Trust building: Trusting somebody else with your dog requires poignant assent of mind. So it’s critical that Jet Pet uses duplicate that builds that trust and leaves their business feeling secure that they’ve left Fido with ”loving experts” who have his best seductiveness in mind. The calming denunciation that Jet Pet uses conflicting a page reinforces this message, including emotionally installed terms like “care,” “safe,” and “love.”
- Video testimonials: You don’t always need a video to have an effective testimonial, yet in Jet Pet’s case, we consider this is a intelligent move. There’s a lot of controversial testimony out there, so arrangement tangible dog owners vocalization to a camera helps build serve credibility. (I’d adore to see a dogs in these videos too.)
8. Wavehuggers (Agency: Everett Andrew Marketing)
Created by Everett Andrew Marketing, this shining alighting page connects reserve and fun together by delicately comparison visuals and clear, obvious messaging. According to Mark Chapman, Founder and President of Everett Andrew, this pattern was all about station out:
Our thought in formulating a page was to cut by a confusion and swarming marketplace of businesses here in southern California charity roller lessons—both on Google and Facebook. Getting any critical acclimatisation member (i.e. amicable proof, urgency, favourite shot, CTA, etc.) into a page, mostly above a fold, was wily yet in a finish we found a approach to shred these out so any partial catches a eye.
Industry: Surf Lessons
Why it inspires…
- Yelp score: Even a crummiest of products or services can accumulate together a few certain testimonials. (“The CEO’s mom thinks we’re cool.”) That’s since high scores from Yelp, TripAdvisor, Amazon, or Google can element testimonials, as they do here. It’s most some-more severe to say crafty scores on these sites. (Just remember that visitors can always determine your measure for themselves.)
- Timed special offer: Like many of a examples here, Wavehuggers supplement coercion to a alighting page with a singular time promotion. It competence not seem like much—this kind of thing is roughly a selling cliche during this point—but even tiny tweaks like adding “for a singular time only” to a promo formula can impact your acclimatisation rates.
- Safety, comfort, fun: Prospects are expected seeking out lessons to feel some-more gentle on a water. Everything on this alighting page focuses on a guarantee of a certain experience. The duplicate on this alighting page reassures them via that surfing is “not as frightful as we competence think.”
- Real customers: The photographs here don’t have a gloss of some of a others on this list (see Western Rise below), yet theory what? They shouldn’t. A overwhelming batch sketch of a veteran surfer unresolved 10 would be distant reduction effective than these visuals of kids carrying fun on their boards. From a cursive fonts to a hand-drawn arrows, Wavehuggers’ character reflects a loose vibes of surfer culture.
9. Western Rise
Sometimes when prepping a square like this one, we finish adult shopping a product. I’m very, really tighten to pulling a trigger on a span of Western Rise’s AT Slim Rivet Pants. And since not? This pointy alighting page fast establishes a seductiveness of a product by visuals and duplicate that stresses a advantages of these “elevated” pants. It competence be time to give adult on my ratty jeans altogether.
Why it works…
- Bold visuals: These pants competence be handmade in Los Angeles, yet many of a photos here (including a favourite shot) roar Brooklyn. It’s easy to suppose wearing a AT Slim Rivet Pants as we peddle your fixie by traffic, balancing a latte on your handlebars on a approach to a stylish rooftop cocktail party.
- Stressing a benefits: we never suspicion I’d be essay about a common pain points compared with wearing pants, yet here we are. On this alighting page, Western Rise addresses them all. Jeans are disposed to ripping and tend to overheat. Chinos get unwashed and wrinkled. Dress pants are for squares, man. By earnest flexibility (“pants for all day, any day”) and gripping a advantages adult front, Western Rise offers a resolution to a problem we didn’t know we had.
- “Tech specs”: Though there’s some crafty duplicate on arrangement here, Western Rise is intensely candid about a facilities of a AT Slim Rivet Pants in a “Tech specs” territory on a page. They yield accurate sum about materials (“Durable Nylon Canvas” and “Gusseted Crotch”) and pattern (“Media Pocket” and “Extendable Hem”) in a clear, obvious way.
ABT: Always Be Testing
There we have it. These are some of a best alighting page examples I’ve come conflicting here during Unbounce, comparison to paint a far-reaching swath of industries with many conflicting acclimatisation goals. we wish you’ve found some qualities to enthuse you.
But we have one final square of recommendation for you: no page is ever perfect—or, some-more to a point, any page can be better. And what works for one page (with one aim market) won’t indispensably work for you. With this in mind, we should always be testing your alighting pages. If you’ve got a page you’re already formulation to tinker with, try using it by a Landing Page Analyzer for some actionable stairs we can take.
Be a Michael Jordan of alighting pages
When we was in center school, we had a crony who gave adult personification basketball after examination Michael Jordan in a NBA Finals. “I’ll never get anywhere nearby his level,” he told me, “so what’s a point?”
Great alighting page examples like a ones above should enthuse you. But infrequently saying other people’s awesomeness can have the conflicting effect.
But don’t give up!
The good news is that everything we see here was built with Unbounce’s drag-and-drop builder. Though many take advantage of tradition scripts to flog it adult a notch, all these examples started in a same place as we will—with a brand, a vacant page, and a large idea. Heck, some of these moving alighting pages even started as Unbounce templates, yet you’d never know it by looking during them. And we’re not tellin’.
So appropriate a few ideas from these examples, bucket adult your favorite template, and, yeah… be a Michael Jordan of alighting pages.
If you’ve got a alighting page you’d like to uncover off—yours or even somebody else’s—please share below.